From the Ann Howard Cookery.
6 large celery ribs
2 medium yellow onions peeled and halved lengthwise
2 Tbsp butter
2 tsp curry, salt and pepper
1 quart of beef stock
2 cups of light cream
- With metal disc, slice the celery and the onions.
- Sauté in melted butter until slightly brown
- Stir in curry powder and let mellow.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Put in the beef stock and simmer 40 minutes.
- Strain the vegetables and purée with the steel blade (add a bit of the liquid).
- Put in a soup pot and allow to come to a boil.
- Add the cream.
- Bring to serving temperature without boiling.