2 heads of broccoli (about 2 lb) cleaned, stems peeled and cut in small pieces
4 cups of beef broth (or milk)
2 Tbsp of tarragon
1 cup of white wine
3 Tbsp of butter
3 Tbsp of flour
1/4 cup of cream & 1 egg yolk beat together for the liaison.
- In a medium size pan put the wine and the tarragon.
- Bring to a boil, reduce to ½ cup.
- Steam the broccoli in beef broth until tender.
- Reduce the liquid by half.
- Meanwhile prepare a velouté sauce: melt the butter, put in the flour and mix together.
- Purée the broccoli and add the reduced wine‑tarragon mixture to it.
- Add the broccoli to the velouté sauce and mix well.
- Just before serving, reheat gently and add the liason.