3 boned rib end loin pork roast (boned and tied, about 6 lb each)
6 small apples
2 Tbsp of brown sugar
3 Tbsp of butter
1/2 cup of water
1 cup of light beer
- Preheat oven 450°F.
- Rub salt over the roast and grease the roasting pan with the oil.
- Brown the roast and the bones for 20 minutes.
- Reserve the bones.
- Meanwhile peel the apples whole.
- Core each 3/4 of the way through.
- Put 1 tsp of brown sugar and 1/2 Tbsp of butter in the hole.
- Add the apples to the roast and the bones.
- Reduce temperature to 375°F, add 1/2 cup of water to the roasting pan and roast for another 40 minutes.
- Baste frequently and add water as needed.
- Pour a cup of beer in the pan and continue cooking for another 50 minutes, basting constantly even as the pan juices become syrupy.
- Remove the roast and make sure the internal temperature reads 150/160°F.
- Allow it to rest for 5 minutes.
- Cut the strings and slice.
- Degrease the pan juices, adding the juices spewing out of the roast.
- Bring to a boil.
- Taste and correct seasoning.