1/2 cup of butter or Crisco
Add and cream well
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup of granulated sugar
Combine and beat until smooth
1 tsp vanilla
1 Tbsp of milk
Sift together and add to the above
1 cup of sifted all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp double-acting baking powder
When beaten smooth, add
1 cup of rolled oats or wheat flakes
1/2 cup chocolate chips or 1/2 cup of raisins or 1 tsp of grated orange rind or 1 can of flaked coconut
Put them 2 inches apart on a greased cookie sheet, at 325F for 10 minutes.
Sift together in a bowl:
2-3/4 all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup soft butter in mixer
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract, or 1/2 vanilla and 1/2 almond extract
- Beat with a wooden spoon until light and fluffy.
- Beat in flour mixture with mixer until smooth.
- Chill one hour or until firm.
- Roll small amount onto a floured board until 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut in a desired shape with floured cookie cutters.
- Place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 375F oven for 8-10 minutes or until pale brown.
- Move to a wire rack.
5 Tbsp of butter softened
1/2 cup of sugar + 1 Tbsp
4 large egg whites
2/3 cup of flour
1 tsp of vanilla extract
- Mix sugar and butter together
- Slowly add the egg whites without beating
- Sift the flour in the mixture
- Add vanilla and refrigerate for 5 minutes
- Prepare a pastry bag with the large tube and fill with the batter from the refrigerator
- Preheat oven at 400 °F
- Spread small circles on a greased cookie sheet leaving plenty of room for spreading.
- Bang the cookie sheet on a hard surface to flatten the batter
- Cook until brown around the edges
6 ounces of sliced and blanched almonds (150 g)
1/2 cup & 3 Tbsp sugar
2 large egg whites
1 whole egg
2 Tbsp of flour
- Preheat oven at 400°F
- Mix the egg and the egg whites without beating. Add the sugar and the almonds.
- Gently mix in the flour.
- Let rest 20 minutes
- Line a large cookie sheet with butter and flour.
- Drop a tablespoon of mixture on the cookie sheet for each cookie. Leave plenty of space in between.
- With the back of a fork spread the almonds flat to keep the cookies very thin.
- Bake at 400°F until brown.
- Gently lift the soft cookies with a wide spatula and put them on any round surface to cool. This gives them their shape (french bread pans are ideal cooling racks).