4 Chinese cucumbers
White vinegar (1-2 Tbsp for 2 cucumbers)
Pinch of salt
- Compress and refrigerate to release liquid
- Strain liquid before serving
This is a salad made with different vegetables, raw or cooked, each kept separate, but served together in the same dish. You can include:
- Asparagus tips, artichoke hearts or green beans – cooked and sprinkled with a vinaigrette to which you have added pepper, some finely chopped shallots, tarragon, and a little garlic and parsley.
- Raw Savoy cabbage or red cabbage – sliced thin and sprinkled with the above dressing.
- Sticks of celery – remove all the strings and serve raw, sprinkle with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Raw button mushrooms – finely sliced and sprinkle with lemon juice. Dress with heavy cream flavored with mustard and seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Cucumbers – marinated with vinegar and salt, drained. Dress with sour cream and fresh dill.
Roast 1 or 2 cups of walnuts in a 400°F oven for 8 minutes. Chop coarsely and sprinkle in the various dressings.