Serves 10, with a coulis of strawberries (below).
The day before the tarte is to be served, combine:
2 cups of small-curd cottage cheese
2 cups of whole milk yogurt (I use Stonyfield Farm)
- Put the mixture in the food processor and purée until smooth.
- Line a sieve with cheesecloth, transfer the mixture into it and set over a bowl for 8 to 12 hours at room temperature. It should render at least a cup of liquid.
- Gently transfer to a bowl and refrigerate until ready to use.
1-1/2 cups of Graham crackers (ground in food processor)
4 Tbsp of sweet butter (softened)
1/4 cup of sugar
3 cups of fromage blanc
3 large eggs
1/2 cup of sugar
1 tsp of vanilla extract
1/4 tsp of almond extract
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- With a fork, mix the graham crackers, butter and sugar until all combined.
- Line a springform pan with the mixture, spreading it evenly. Pat it down gently.
- In the large bowl of an electric mixer, with a pastry dough attachment (not the whip) blend together the drained cheese mixture and the sugar.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add the vanilla and almond extracts.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared springform pan. Turn the oven down to 350°F after a few minutes and cook until firm in the center, about 35 to 40 minutes.
Coulis of strawberries
16 oz package of frozen strawberries
½ cup of instant disolving sugar
2 Tbs of lemon juice or Cognac
Purée the unfrozen strawberries in a food processor. Pass through a fine sieve to remove the seeds. Whisk in sugar and lemon juice or Cognac.