Sift together in a bowl:
2-3/4 all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
- Set aside.
3/4 cup soft butter in mixer
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract, or 1/2 vanilla and 1/2 almond extract
- Beat with a wooden spoon until light and fluffy.
- Beat in flour mixture with mixer until smooth.
- Chill one hour or until firm.
- Roll small amount onto a floured board until 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut in a desired shape with floured cookie cutters.
- Place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 375F oven for 8-10 minutes or until pale brown.
- Move to a wire rack.