6 ounces of sliced and blanched almonds (150 g)
1/2 cup & 3 Tbsp sugar
2 large egg whites
1 whole egg
2 Tbsp of flour
- Preheat oven at 400°F
- Mix the egg and the egg whites without beating. Add the sugar and the almonds.
- Gently mix in the flour.
- Let rest 20 minutes
- Line a large cookie sheet with butter and flour.
- Drop a tablespoon of mixture on the cookie sheet for each cookie. Leave plenty of space in between.
- With the back of a fork spread the almonds flat to keep the cookies very thin.
- Bake at 400°F until brown.
- Gently lift the soft cookies with a wide spatula and put them on any round surface to cool. This gives them their shape (french bread pans are ideal cooling racks).