6 Tbsp of onions
2 Tbsp of butter
1/2 to 1 cup of sour cream
1/4 lb of smoked salmon cut into small pieces
- Cook onions in butter until soft.
- Mix in the salmon and the sour cream.
- Spoon the mixture onto the crêpes and roll them.
- Place the crêpes, seam down, on a buttered dish.
- Cover with the béchamel sauce and warm up in a 350°F oven for 20 minutes.
- Or, sprinkle with bread crumbs and cheese and run under the broiler until brown.
Makes two cups
- Melt 2 Tbsp of butter
- Mix in 4 Tbsp of flour
- Slowly add 1 cup of milk or chicken stock ‑ or a mixture of both