This is a delicate purée that can easily replace the more common mashed potatoes. It is usually served with a pork roast.
1/2 lb of white kidney beans
1 lb of string beans
1/2 cup of crème fraîche
- Soak beans overnight in 3 or 4 cups of water.
- Put the beans in 4 cups of hot water with thyme, bay leaf and salt.
- Cook for 1 hour or until tender.
- Wash the string beans, cut the ends, and cook in salted water until tender.
- Drain the beans and the string beans and purée in the food processor.
- Add 1/2 cup of crème fraîche and serve immediately.
1/4 cup of sour cream
1/2 cup of whipping cream
- Mix ingredients together.
- Let stand at room temperature for 6 hours or overnight.