2 cups of milk & 1 tsp of vanilla
4 egg yolks
1/3 cup of sugar
2 envelopes of gelatin softened in 1/4 cup of water
3 tsp instant coffee & 1 sugar dissolved in 1/4 cup water
1 pint of cream whipped with 4 Tbsp confectioners’ sugar
- Scald the milk and vanilla
- In a medium bowl, beat the egg yolks and sugar until light, gradually add the hot milk to this mixture
- Pour back into casserole and cook over medium heat, stir constantly until it coats the spoon.
- Remove from heat and add the gelatine.
- Add the instant coffee.
- Fold in the whipping cream gently.
- Rinse a 4 cup mold with cold water and put in the mixture.
- Put the mold into the refrigerator and chill thoroughly before unmolding.
- Decorate with some whipping cream.