For 8 people.
2 Tbsp of olive oil
1 leek (white part only) cut into 1/2 inch dice
1 rib of celery, thinly sliced
2 cups of court bouillon (saved from cooking the shrimps)
1 Tbsp of tomato paste
2 lbs of shrimps (quickly cooked in a court bouillon until red, then shelled)
16 black olives, pitted
1 cup slivered sun-dried tomatoes (packed in oil)
2 cloves of garlic
2 tsp of herbes de provence
Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Heat the oil in a large skillet and add the leek and celery.
- Sauté over low heat, covered, until soft (about 10 minutes).
- Stir in the wine, the tomato sauce, court bouillon and sun-dried tomatoes, add the garlic and herbs.
- Raise the heat to medium.
- Add the shrimps, the olives, the salt and pepper.
- Do not overcook.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.
4-1/2 cups of water
1 cup of dry white wine
1 small onion, sliced
1 carrot, sliced
1 tsp of salt and 4 peppercorns
- Simmer all ingredients together for 45 minutes.
- Parboil the shrimp.
- Strain and reduce the court bouillon to 2 cups.