4 cups of milk
1/2 cup of sugar
1/2 cup of flour
3 eggs separated & 1 egg yolk
3 Tbsp of butter
1/2 cup of frozen orange juice
2 Tbsp of Grand Marnier
1/2 cup of cream, whipped (for decoration)
2 oranges (peeled and skin of each wedge removed)
- In a saucepan, bring the milk to a boil on medium heat.
- Meanwhile, mix the flour and sugar together.
- Break 4 egg yolks in another bowl and beat slightly.
- Pour half the boiling milk in the flour-sugar mixture and whisk vigorously to break any lumps.
- Mix the beaten egg yolks as well.
- Add the rest of the milk to the mixture.
- Return to cook over medium heat until the mixture thickens.
- Remove from the heat and add the softened butter, the frozen orange juice, and the Grand Marnier.
- Cover with a plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- When ready to use, beat the mousse and pour into 8 individual glasses.
- Decorate with the whipped cream and the wedges of orange.