To serve 6.
1 lb of plums, apricots or cherries
1/4 cup of sugar
2/3 cup of water
4 Tbsp of heavy cream
1 Tbsp of confectioner’s sugar, sifted
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Roll out the pâte brisée on a lightly floured surface, line a 7 inch flan ring and prick the base well.
- Bake blind for approximately 10 minutes or until pastry is dry and firm.
- If using plums or apricots, halve the fruit and remove the pits.
- For cherries, remove the pits by using a cherry pitter or by cutting in half.
- Poach the fruit gently with the sugar and water until just tender.
- Do not allow the fruit to break up.
- Fill the pan with the poached fruit and bake for 5 minutes.
- Mix the egg with the cream, pour this over the fruit and bake for a further 10 minutes.
- Dust with the confectioners’ sugar and serve warm.