Makes 14 to 16 muffins.
1-1/2 cups sifted cake flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp powdered ginger
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp salt
2/3 cup coarsely chopped toasted walnuts
2 large eggs
3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup safflower oil
2 cups firmly packed grated zucchini
Optional: 1/2 cup of raisins
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, spices, and walnuts, and whisk to blend.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, and oil for 2-3 minutes or until smooth.
- Add the zucchini and beat just until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients (and raisins) until completely moistened.
- Put into muffin tins (3/4 full) and bake 20-25 minutes.
- Cool briefly in the plan before unmolding.