1 cup of finely diced gruyère cheese
salt and pepper
beaten egg to glaze
2 Tbsp of finely chopped almonds
a few thin slices of gruyère cheese
pâte à choux (see pâte à choux recipe)
- Preheat oven to 425/450°F
- Lightly grease a baking sheet and trace a 10 inch circle.
- Add the diced cheese to the pâte à choux. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Put the mixture into a pastry bag fitted with a 3/4 inch plain tube.
- Pipe round the traced ring on the baking sheet (3 rounds – 2 low, 1 in middle)
- Brush with the beaten egg and sprinkle with the finely chopped nuts and slices of gruyère.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then reduce temperature to 375°F for another 20 minutes.
- Rotate pan once during cooking time.
- Serve at once.