For 4 people.
The standard pyrex cups work best to unmold because they are wider on top and the mousselines slide easily from them.
1 cup of milk
1/3 cup of flour
4 Tbsp of butter
3 egg yolks
2 egg whites
1 cup of freshly ground parmesan cheese
1 cup of heavy cream
2 Tbsp of butter
salt and pepper
- Heat milk to warm.
- Pour it slowly into the flour and mix thoroughly.
- Whisk the mixture over medium high heat until it thickens.
- Off the heat, add 4 Tbsp of butter, one at a time, then add 1/2 cup of the parmesan cheese, three egg yolks, salt and pepper.
- Beat the 2 egg whites stiff.
- Fold into the mixture.
- Butter the molds and fill 3/4 full.
- Place them on a bain‑Marie.
- Bake in middle rack, on preheated 350°F oven for 20 minutes or until top is spongy.
- All the above can be prepared ahead of time.
- Unmold into a greased gratin dish, pour cream over them and more cheese on top.
- Bake for another 15 minutes or until puffy.