Another way to use the pâte brisée! The rolled out dough is cut in small 3 inch squares instead of a large pie crust and each piece is filled in the center and folded into a triangle.
1/4 lb of Roquefort
1/2 stick of unsalted butter softened
1 egg yolk
1 Tbsps of cognac
chives or minced onion tops
1 ‑ 3 Tbsps of whipping cream
1 egg beaten with ½ Tb of water (egg wash)
- Mash the Roquefort and beat in the butter, egg yolk, cognac, pepper, chives.
- Beat in the cream by tablespoons. The mixture should be thick.
- Cut the dough in 3″ squares and fill each center. Run a brush, wet with water, on the edges.
- Fold and press the edges firmly. Press the end of a fork all around the edges for decoration.
- Paint the top of each chausson with the egg wash.
- Make a design on the surface of the dough with the back of a knife or a fork. Poke a hole in the center of each chausson.
- Place on a baking dish and refrigerate until firm. Preheat oven to 425 °F
- Bake in upper third of the oven until brown (about 15 minutes)