Another way to use the pâte brisée! The rolled out dough is cut in small 3 inch squares instead of a large pie crust and each piece is filled in the center and folded into a triangle.
1/4 lb of crab meat, chopped
1 large onion cooked in 1 Tbsp of olive oil
1 green pepper, thinly sliced
1 red pepper, thinly sliced (it can be roasted if desired)
2 Tbsp of butter + 2 Tbsp of flour
1 cup of hot milk
1/2 cup of Swiss cheese
- Brown the onion.
- Add the green and red pepper.
- Mix with the crab.
- Make a béchamel sauce:
- Melt the butter, add the flour.
- Slowly pour in the milk.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add the crab meat and the Swiss cheese.
- Cut the dough in 3″ squares and fill each center.
- Run a brush, wet with water, on the edges.
- Fold and press the edges firmly.
- Press the end of a fork all around the edges for decoration.
- Paint the top of each chausson with the egg wash.
- Make a design on the surface of the dough with the back of a knife or a fork.
- Poke a hole in the center of each chausson.
- Place on a baking dish and refrigerate until firm.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Bake in upper third of the oven until brown (about 15 minutes).