This recipe is better when done the day before and reheated.
1 medium eggplant, cubed
4 or 5 small zucchinis, sliced
1/4 cup of olive oil
2 medium onions, thinly sliced
1 lb of tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
1 green pepper, cored, seeded and sliced
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 tsp basil
Sprig of thyme
1/2 tsp of coriander
Pinch of crushed aniseed
- Sprinkle the eggplant with salt and put let the water drain for 30 minutes.
- Dry on paper towels.
- To get the best flavor, you can cook each vegetable separately in a frying pan before proceeding with the recipe.
- Heat half the oil in a large casserole, add the onion and cook over low heat until soft.
- In a large pot put the eggplant, zucchinis, tomatoes and pepper.
- Sprinkle the garlic, herbs, salt and pepper on it.
- Mix gently.
- Spoon the remaining oil on top.
- Cover and simmer for 30 to 40 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve hot.