|For a 6 cup mold (4-6 servings): |
2 1/2 Tbsp of butter
|For an 8 cup mold (6-8 servings): |
3 1/2 Tbsp of butter
For a flan dish:
2 Tbsp of butter
2 Tbsp of flour
1 cup of milk
pepper, salt, nutmeg
3 eggs (separated)
3 oz of swiss cheese, grated (or Beaufort cheese for a different taste)
- Preheat the oven at 400°F
- Butter the soufflé mold
- Bring the milk to a boil.
- Melt butter and mix in the flour on medium heat.
- Add milk slowly to avoid lumps. Bring to a boil and let it cook for a few minutes.
- Let cool.
- Whip the egg whites to a soft peak stage.
- Add the egg yolks to the flour mixture one at a time, and mix well.
- Gently fold in the egg whites and the cheese.
- Put in preheated oven and turn the heat down to 375°F.
- Cook for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Serve immediately.