3 Tbsp of virgin olive oil
3 Tbsp of unsalted butter
5 large red bell peppers, chopped
1 medium onion, minced
3 stalks of celery, chopped
1 1/2 quarts of homemade chicken broth
salt and cayenne pepper to taste
3 Tbsp of fresh lemon juice
- Heat the oil and butter in a saucepan over low heat.
- Add the peppers, onion and celery and cook until the onion is soft but not browned.
- Add the chicken broth and season with salt and cayenne.
- Bring to a boil, cover, reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Strain the broth into a bowl.
- Place the vegetables in a food processor or blender with a little of the broth.
- Return to the remaining broth and adjust the seasoning.
- Chill until ready to serve, then stir in the lemon juice and garnish with parsley.