A 10-1/2 inch pan with removable bottom can be used. This pie is almost as flat as a pizza, with low borders, since there is only one layer of tomatoes for the filling.
1 prebaked pâte brisée
3 or 4 tomatoes, sliced (or enough to cover the bottom of the pie crust
A strong country mustard
1 Tbsp of herbes de Provence
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Brush the bottom part of the piecrust with the country mustard.
- Layer the sliced tomatoes on top of the mustard.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the Herbes de Provence all over the tomatoes.
- Cover with the mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in 400°F oven for about 20 minutes or until the cheese starts to change color.
- Serve immediately.