7 or 8 small tomatoes
6 Tbsp of butter
1 onion, finely chopped
1 clove of garlic, chopped
1/2 cup of soft bread crumbs
2 Tbsp of chopped parsley
Salt and pepper
- Cut tops off tomatoes, scoop out the pulp and reserve.
- Salt the inside of each tomato and invert on a paper towel to draw some of the juice.
- Melt 3 Tbsp of butter in a small pan and cook onions and garlic until transparent.
- Stir in the reserved pulp and cook over high heat for 10 minutes.
- Add bread crumbs, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Fill the tomatoes, dot with the remaining butter and cook in the oven for 30 minutes or until brown.