Unless you can find some good vine tomatoes that are nice and red, do not attempt this recipe in winter. The tomatoes are not tasty enough.
salt, pepper and olive oil
garlic and parsley, chopped
- Cut the tomatoes in half, salt them and put them upside down on a paper towel to drain some of their juice.
- Arrange in a gratin dish.
- Cover the top of the tomatoes with olive oil, add salt and pepper.
- Cook for 1-1/2 hours at 375°F.
- Spread chopped garlic and parsley on top of the tomatoes for the last half hour of cooking.