Serves 4 people.
4 eye steaks, 1 inch thick (you may choose to pound the steak thin)
Salt and pepper
4 Tbsp of butter
2 Tbsp of minced shallots
1 Tbsp of dry red wine
2 Tbsp of Worcestershire sauce
2 ounces of beef stock (demi-glace)
2 Tbsp of minced parsley
- Season steaks with salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 Tbsp of butter in a large skillet.
- When butter is sizzling, sear steaks over high heat for 1 minute on each side.
- Lower heat to medium and cook another 2 to 3 minutes on each side for medium rare.
- Remove steak to a warm platter and discard the fatty drippings from the skillet.
- Add 1 Tbsp of butter to the skillet and slightly cook the shallots.
- Add the wine and boil slightly.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce and the demi-glace.
- Bring to a boil and cook for one minute.
- Season to taste.
- Remove from heat and add the remaining butter.
- Stir in the parsley and pour the sauce over the steaks.
- Serve immediately.
Serve with Galette Lyonnaise.