3 Tbsp of olive oil
4 Tbsp of unsalted butter
1 chicken, well rinsed, patted dry, cut into 8 serving pieces
Salt and pepper
3/4 cup of red wine vinegar
2 large tomatoes, peeled, cored and chopped
1 cup of chicken stock
- In a deep skillet heat the oil with 1 Tbsp of butter over high heat.
- Season the chicken and brown on one side until the skin turns golden brown.
- Do not crowd the pieces together.
- Regulate the heat to avoid scorching the skin.
- Turn and brown on the other side.
- Cook the remaining pieces in the same manner adding oil as needed.
- Remove the chicken and pour out the cooking fat.
- Over medium high heat reduce the vinegar by half.
- Then add the chicken, the tomatoes and the chicken stock.
- Simmer gently over medium heat until all the juices mingle nicely and the chicken is cooked through.
- About 1/2 hour.
- The chicken should be prepared ahead of time to this point.
- Let warm at room temperature before proceeding.
- To prepare the chicken for serving, heat the chicken through in the sauce.
- Remove it from the sauce and place it on a warm platter.
- Remove the warm sauce from the heat and add the remaining 3 Tbsp of butter.
- Adjust the seasoning.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken.
- Sprinkle on the parsley.