To serve 6.
3 chicken breasts (6 halves)
6 slices of salami
6 slices of provolone cheese
1 package of linguini
1/2 Cup of heavy cream
1 large onions
1 package of frozen spinach
1 green pepper
salt and pepper
In a pot cook together, for about 1 hour:
1 quart 14 oz can of chicken stock (or homemade stock)
2 celery stalks
1 large onion, sliced thin
2 tomatoes, sliced thin
thyme, bay leaf, parsley, garlic
Preparing the chicken
- Prepare the chicken breasts by flattening them between a plastic bag.
- Set aside.
- In a saucepan, cook the spinach until all water is evaporated.
- In a food processor blend the carrots and pepper.
- In a small saucepan cook the onion in olive oil until tender.
- Add the spinach, the carrots and pepper and cook gently for 10 minutes.
- Season to taste.
- Lightly flour the chicken breasts.
- Line each breast with a slice of salami and a slice of cheese.
- Divide the vegetable puree to cover each breast.
- Roll the breasts of chicken and place in a deep casserole.
- Cover with the hot vegetable soup.
- Cook in a 350°F preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- In a large casserole cook the linguini following the directions on the package.
- Remove the chicken rolls from the soup and reserve in a warm serving dish.
- Sieve 1 cup of the soup in a saucepan and reduce until it thickens.
- Add the cream and reduce again.
- Put some linguini in each plate along with one roll of chicken.
- Cover with the sauce.
- Serve immediately.