12 thin slices of boneless center cut pork
about 6 Tbsp of butter
1/2 cup of flour
1 Tbsp of cumin
salt and pepper
1/2 cup of vermouth
- Prepare the slices of pork by flattening them between a plastic bag.
- Sprinkle with cumin then lightly flour each piece of pork (escalope).
- In a large skillet heat 2 Tbsp of butter and brown as much of the pork as you can on each side.
- Do not crowd the escalopes.
- Transfer them to a warm platter.
- Deglaze the skillet with the vermouth and reduce the liquid until syrupy.
- Add some chicken stock if more sauce is needed.
- Pour over the cooked escalopes.
- Repeat the process until all the escalopes are cooked.
- Sprinkle with parsley, serve at once.
- Serve with mushrooms cooked with a bit of vermouth and a dash of cream.