2 Tbsp of olive oil
1 leek (white part only) cut into 1/2 inch dice
1 rib of celery, thinly sliced
1 cup of dry white wine
1 cup of fish stock
1 Tbsp of tomato paste
2 lb of fish (scrod, ocean cat fish, monk fish) cut in 2 inch pieces.
18 oil-cured olives, pitted
1 cup slivered sun-dried tomatoes (packed in oil)
2 cloves of garlic
2 tsp of herbes de Provence
Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Heat the oil in a large skillet and add the leek and celery.
- Sauté over low heat, covered, until soft (about 10 minutes).
- Stir in the wine, the tomato sauce, stock and sun-dried tomatoes, add the garlic and herbs.
- Raise the heat to medium.
- Add the fish, the salt and pepper and cook until tender.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.
- One way to keep the fish pieces from falling apart is to cook them, coated in flour, in olive oil.
- Gently warm them in the sauce before serving.