A traditional provençal custom, le Grand Aïoli is an assortment of vegetables (sometimes eggs and seafood) accompanied by a bowl of aïoli. Boiled vegetables can include artichokes, carrots, potatoes, green beans, cauliflower, broccoli.
6 garlic cloves, peeled
2 egg yolks (room temperature)
2 Tbsp of strained lemon juice
1-1/2 cups of virgin olive oil (room temperature)
Salt and freshly ground pepper
With a food processor:
- Process the garlic cloves until finely chopped.
- Add egg yolks, 1 Tbsp of lemon juice, 1 Tbsp of oil, pinch of salt and pepper and process until blended.
- Scrape bottom and sides of processor container several times.
- Gradually pour in 1/4 cup of oil in a thin stream.
- Add the remaining oil a little faster.
- Add the rest of the lemon juice and adjust seasoning.
- Serve with the boiled vegetables and French bread.