Serves 4 people.
1 cup of large curd cottage cheese
1 cup sour cream or yogurt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp sugar
3/4 cup flour
Fresh or frozen fruit if desired (fresh blueberries or frozen raspberries work well).
- Combine all ingredients.
- Use a paper towel (moist with light olive oil) to wipe the pan. This will prevent the frying pan from becoming sticky, and to keep it clean between batches.
- Scoop batter into pan. Keep in mind that batter is liquid and will spread.
- While first side is cooking, push fruit into moist batter and, using the back of a spoon, cover them slightly before batter sets.
- The first side is cooked when bubbles no longer form on the surface, and batter is no longer shiny.
- Flip the pancakes as soon as the edges are firm and the batter is almost set.
- Cook the other side until golden.
- If desired, place finished pancakes in 150°F oven to keep warm while cooking remaining pancakes.