6 fillets of sole
1 package of frozen spinach (thawed and drained)
2 Tbsp of butter
1 large onion, chopped
1/2 cup of chopped parsley
1/2 cup of cottage cheese
1 cup of swiss cheese
1 cup of good dry white wine
3 Tbsp of butter
3 Tbsp of flour
stock from the cooked fish & milk/cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a large skillet, melt the butter and gently cook the onion.
- Add the spinach and the parsley.
- Cook for a few minutes, stirring constantly.
- Off the heat add the cheeses, salt and pepper.
- Roll this stuffing equally into the 6 fillets.
- Butter the bottom of a fireproof pan and set the fillet in it.
- Add the wine.
- Cover the pan with wax paper and poached in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Set the fillets in a serving dish and keep warm in the turned off oven.
- Reserve the juices and reduce.
Preparing the béchamel
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter, add the flour.
- Cook gently for a few seconds.
- Slowly add the juice from the sole and as much milk as necessary to have a smooth sauce.
- Season to taste and bring to a boil.
- Add some cream if desired.
Nap the sauce over the fillets and cook in the oven at 350°F for 15 minutes.