6 Cortland apples
1 cup chopped nuts
2 cups of sugar
1 cup of oil
2 tsp of vanilla extract
2 cups of flour
1/2 tsp salt
4 tsp baking powder
4 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Pare and slice the apples, cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Mix the apples with the chopped nuts and set aside.
- Beat together the eggs, sugar, oil, and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon.
- Don’t fold into egg mixture until apples are ready, as batter will begin to rise.
- Add the egg mixture and flour mixture together, mix in apples and nuts.
- Pour into a 13 x 9 x 2 baking pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 50 to 60 minutes.
- You can make an optional topping with 2 tsp of cinnamon and 1 tsp of sugar.
- Sprinkle on top of the cake batter before inserting the pan in the oven.