Use a 6 inch charlotte mold or soufflé dish.
1/2 cup of sugar
4 Tbsp of water
1 1/2 cups of sweet white wine
Generous 1/3 cup of clear honey
Pinch of cinnamon, and a strip of lemon peel
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Place the sugar and water in a small pan or directly in your charlotte mold if it can bear the direct heat.
- Boil the syrup until it turns a rich brown.
- Tilt the mold carefully to coat the sides. Be careful, as the mold gets very hot.
- Put the wine in a pan with the honey, cinnamon and lemon peel.
- Heat slowly until the honey has dissolved completely. Allow to cool slightly.
- Beat the eggs lightly, then pour the honey mixture on to them whisking all the time.
- Pour into the caramel lined mold.
- Stand the mold in a bain marie and cook for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- To test if the mixture is cooked, insert a knife that should come out clean.
- Allow to cool in the mold and when completely cool, turn out into a serving dish