1 lb of firm ripe strawberries
1 package of frozen raspberries
1/4 cup of sugar
The juice of 1/2 lemon
- Hull the strawberries, slice them lengthwise.
- Melt the raspberries and purée in the food processor.
- Add the lemon and strain the raspberry juice with a fine sieve to remove the pips.
- Add the sugar and mix well.
- Coat the strawberries with the raspberry purée. Refrigerate.
2/3 cup of heavy cream
2 Tbsp of milk
1 tsp of sugar
- Place all the ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk until the cream forms soft peaks.
1 cup of pecans or almonds
1/2 cup of sugar
1/4 cup of water
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Roast nuts on a cookie sheet for 5 to 7 minutes. Set aside.
- Butter a 9 inch metal pan and set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan mix the sugar and water to make the caramel.
- Cook on high heat without stirring until golden brown.
- Stir in the prepared nuts.
- Pour into the buttered metal pan and let cool completely.
- Return the pan with a hard rap on the counter to dislodge the caramel and pulverize the pieces in a food processor.
Set the strawberries in wide sherbet glasses, cover with a dab of Chantilly and sprinkle with praline.