For 8 people.
2 1/2 Lb of Granny Smith apples (about 6 apples)
1 1/3 cup of sugar
2 1/2 cups of milk
1 1/2 stick of butter
2 Tbsp of flour
2 large eggs
- Peel the apples and cut them in thin slices.
- Melt one stick of butter in a big pot and gently cook the apples in it until the slices are tender and transparent.
- Increase the heat, add a small cup of sugar, and slightly caramelize the apples.
- Remove from the heat and pour the cooked apples in a soufflé dish or other container that can go in the oven.
- With the rest of the butter, the flour and the milk make a béchamel sauce:
- Melt the butter, add the flour and mix well.
- Slowly add the milk.
- Add the rest of the sugar.
- Let cool.
- Slightly beat the eggs and add to the béchamel.
- Pour over the apples in the soufflé dish and cook for 1 hour at 350°.
- Serve immediately.