For 8 people.
4 packages of raspberries
4 egg yolks
1 cup confectioner’s sugar
1/4 cup sherry
3/4 cup heavy cream
- In top of double boiler, with rotary beater or wire whisk, beat egg yolks, confectioner sugar and sherry until light.
- Place over hot, not boiling, water; water should not touch bottom of double boiler top.
- Cook, stirring constantly, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Refrigerate 3 hours. Mixture thickens. Mix it well again as it separates a bit.
- In the meantime clean the raspberries and separate them in 8 fireproof dishes.
- In medium bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form when beater is raised.
- Carefully fold in chilled sauce.
- Pour the sauce over the raspberries and set under the broiler until it turns golden in color.
- The raspberries should still be uncooked and cool underneath.