Adapted from a Julia Child recipe. For 6 to 8 people.
1 1/3 cups of flour
1 Tbsp of sugar
2 cups of milk (+ 1/2 cup of water for lighter crêpes)
2 tsp of oil
1 Tbsp of orange liqueur (Grand Marnier)
- Beat the eggs with the sugar, add the flour and the milk.
- Mix in the oil, liqueur and salt.
- Adding 1/2 cup of water to the initial crêpe batter will make these dessert crêpes much lighter.
- Let rest for at least one hour.
For about 20 to 24 crêpes.
1/4 cup of sugar
The orange part of the skin of 1 orange
1/4 lb of unsalted butter cut into pieces
1/4 cup of strained orange juice
2 Tbsp of orange liqueur
- Finely blend the sugar and the orange skin in a food processor.
- Add the butter by pieces and blend until smooth and fluffy.
- Cream in the orange juice by droplets and add the liqueur.
For about 8 crêpes.
1/4 of a cup of cognac