From La Mère Duquesne in San Francisco. For 6 people use a 8 cup soufflé or charlotte mold or individual ramequins.
1 and 3/4 cups of milk
1/2 cup of sugar
1/3 cup of flour
3 oz. butter
6 egg yolks
8 egg whites
2 oz. Grand Marnier & 2 Tbsp of frozen orange juice
1 Tbsp of vanilla
- Preheat oven 400°F. Line soufflé mold with butter and sprinkled sugar.
- Heat milk, add sugar, stir and bring to boil.
- Mix melted butter with the flour and stir into the boiling milk.
- Blend until thick and creamy consistency.
- Off the fire add Grand Marnier, orange juice and vanilla.
- Beat egg yolks until lemon in color and add to cooled mixture stirring continually.
- Beat egg whites to soft peak stage and fold in the mixture.
- Pour into buttered, sugared soufflé mold.
- Bake in 400°F oven for 20 – 25 minutes.
- Remove carefully from oven and dust with powdered sugar.
- Serve immediately.