This tarte can be prepared with pears, peaches, cherries or the tiny yellow plums known as mirabelles.
1/4 cup whole unblanched almonds
1 large egg, lightly beaten
5 Tbsp of granulated sugar
2 Tbsp of kirsch
3/4 cup of crème fraîche or heavy cream
2 lb of fruit
1 pâte brisée shell, pre-baked and cooled
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a food processor, grind the almonds to a fine powder.
- Thoroughly blend the almonds with the egg, sugar, kirsch, and crème fraîche.
- The mixture should be very smooth.
- Peel and core the pears or peaches and cut into 8 even slices.
- If the peaches do not peel easily, drop them in boiling water for 10 seconds. Be careful not to bruise the flesh.
- Don’t peel the apricots, but blanching them enhances their color.
- Arrange the fruit in the pre-baked tart shell, beginning at the outside edge.
- Slowly pour the cream filling over the fruit.
- Place the tart in the center of the oven and bake until the filling has set and the tart shell is nicely browned, about 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with sugar.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with crème fraîche as an accompaniment.