Recipe by Mary Lapp.
3 cups unsweetened dried shredded coconut
Zest of one lemon
1/4 fresh squeezed lemon juice
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Line 8 muffin cups with liners.
- Place the unsweetened coconut in a food processor, and process for 5 minutes.
- Let the food processor rest for 5 minutes, so it doesn’t overheat.
- Scrape if necessary, and turn back on for 5 minutes, or until it is liquidy and you can hear it splash.
- Add the zest, lemon juice, maple syrup and sea salt. Process until it comes together.
- Add the baking soda, and process just until incorporated.
- Divide batter into 8 muffin cups. Top with 1 Tbsp of frozen blueberries on each cupcake.
- Bake for 25-27 minutes. You want them to be a little toasty.
- Chill before you serve for best consistency – although they are really good any way!