Preheat oven to 350F.
2 cups of finely shredded carrots
1/4 cup of lemon juice, freshly squeezed
1 cup sifted whole wheat flour
1 cup sifted cake flour
1/2 tsp of salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 large eggs
10 Tbsps unsalted butter (melted)
3/4 cup of honey
- In a small bowl, combine the carrots and lemon juice.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients and mix for 30 seconds to blend.
- Add the eggs, better, honey, and carrot mixture.
- Mix until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Beat for 30 seconds until well mixed.
- Place into pan (or ring mold).
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until cake springs back when pressed and a tester comes out clean.