2 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 large onion, diced
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
4 oz of red curry paste
14 oz coconut milk (one 14 oz can)
2 cups of vegetable stock
4 Tbsp Thai fish sauce
1 tsp salt
Fresh cilantro (for garnish)
- Saute onion and garlic in oil until soft.
- Add curry paste and mix together.
- Add coconut milk.
- Add fish sauce, brown sugar, and salt, then add vegetable stock.
- Bring the broth to a boil and reduce to a simmer.
- Let the broth thicken, this should should take 15-20 minutes until it’s creamy and thick.
- Make sure all the shrimp are clean, and add them to the stock.
- Top with chopped cilantro and serve with crusty bread for dipping