1 medium onion
Herbes de provence, bay leaf, salt & pepper
- Make sure the leeks are firm, not squishy. The best leeks have longest white part; this soup mostly uses the white, and the pale green insides.
- Saute the onions with herbes de provence until they are translucent.
- Put onions, leeks, and potatoes into a saucepan.
- Add bayleaf, and salt and pepper.
- Pour enough chicken broth (about half a container) to cover the vegetables for cooking.
- Throw solids into the blender and blend, then add the remaining liquid and blend again gently.