This is not the traditional tapenade, which is made with black olives, anchovies, capers and fresh basil. But it is an interesting variation.
1/4 lb of sun dried tomatoes (dry weight)
3 sprigs of fresh basil
1 clove of garlic
2 oven roasted tomatoes cooked for 1h. with olive oil, garlic and parsley
1 cup of black olives pitted
1 tsp of wine vinegar
- Cook the sun dried tomatoes in some chicken stock. If you are patient peel them! Set aside.
- Put the leaves of fresh basil and garlic clove in the food processor. Process.
- Add the cooked tomatoes to the mixture and purée.
- Add the wine vinegar.
- With motor running gradually add oil to emulsify. Remove and set aside.
- Coarsely chop the sun dried tomatoes and olives. Add to the puréed mixture.
- Correct seasoning.