For 4 to 6 people.
2 Tbsp of butter
1 cup of onions, sliced
2 carrots, some celery
2 cups of dry white wine and 2 cups of water to cover
1 lb of sea scallops (be careful to remove the attachment muscle)
1/4 tsp of curry
1 clove of garlic – bay leaf, parsley, thyme and fennel
- Brown the onions in the butter.
- Sweat the celery and carrots.
- Add the wine, the herbs and the water if needed.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and cook gently for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile clean the scallops.
- Drain the broth and boil it down for 5 minutes.
- Season to taste.
- Cook the scallops in the broth for 3 minutes.
- Remove them from the broth and reserve.
3 Tbsp of butter
4 Tbsp of flour
2 cups of milk
Scallops and broth
- Melt the butter, add the flour and cook for a few seconds.
- Slowly pour in the milk to avoid any lumps.
- Bring to a full boil.
- Add the broth and the scallops.
- Reheat without boiling.
- Remove from the heat and add 1 egg yolk beaten in 1/2 cup of whipping cream.
- Serve immediately with parsley.