From Yves Parent.
4 lbs of Macintosh apples
1 Tbsp of granulated sugar
1 Tbsp of cinnamon
1 tsp of unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 450°F
- Grease the mold all around with the melted butter.
- Peel and slice the apples.
- Build several layers of thin slices and sprinkle some sugar and cinnamon between the layers.
- Cook in the preheated oven for about 35 minutes.
- Unmold on a serving platter.
- This dish can be served hot or cold and topped with crème fraîche (optional).
1/2 cup of sour cream
1/4 cup of light cream
- In a measuring cup, mix the sour cream and the light cream well.
- Leave it at room temperature for about six hours or overnight.