5 large eggs
5 Tbsp of hot water
1 cup of sugar, reserve 1 generous Tbsp.
2 tsp of vanilla
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1-1/4 cups of flour
1/4 cup of powdered almonds
1 tsp of baking powder
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Separate the eggs.
- Beat egg yolks with the hot water and sugar (alternate) until foamy.
- Add vanilla and lemon.
- Beat egg white with 1 Tbsp of sugar until it form soft peaks.
- Add the almonds and the baking powder to flour.
- Gently mix the egg yolks, the flour and the egg white (alternate).
- Prepare a roll cake pan 17 x 11 x 1 lined with wax paper.
- Pour the mixture into it .
- Cook for 10 to 11 minutes.
- Unmold on a prepared towel.
- Slightly wet the wax paper before removing it.
- Immediately roll the cake with the towel and let cool until ready to fill.
Moka butter cream
1/2 lb of butter
3 egg yolks
5 Tbsp confectioner sugar
8 Tbsp of lukewarm instant coffee
chocolate to decorate
- Beat egg yolks one at a time and sugar (alternate) in the soften butter until creamy.
- Slowly add instant coffee.
Assembling the cake
- Unroll the cake and spread the apple sauce.
- Also spread a little more than half the moka mixture and keep the remaining to decorate the outside.
- Add some melted chocolate to make the butter cream darker.
- Cut each end of the cake and spread the remaining butter cream all around the roll.