For 4 servings
8 Granny Smith apples peeled and quartered
1 Tbsp of sweet butter
- Start cooking the apples on low heat in a large covered pan.
- When tender, but not crumbling, increase the heat and cook until the apples are slightly caramelized.
- Add the butter, let cool.
- Meanwhile, prepare the pralin:
1 cup of almonds
1 cup of granulated sugar
1/2 cup of water
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Roast almonds on an ungreased cookie sheet for a few minutes. Set aside.
- Butter a 9 inch metal pan and set aside.
- Pour granulated sugar and water into a saucepan. Cook over high heat, without stirring, until golden brown.
- Stir in the prepared almonds.
- Pour in the metal pan and let cool for an hour.
- Turn over the metal pan and bang hard on the counter to release the contents.
- Pulverize the broken pieces of caramel in a food processor.
- Serve the apples slightly warm or at room temperature with a sprinkle of pralin on top. A dab of whipped cream can also be added on top of the cooked apples before adding the pralin.